New Beginning... New Roles... New Endeavors...

Life after a scroll...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our BIG Day...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On May 12, 2008 my status has been upgraded from ‘single’ to ‘happily engaged’. Thanks to my newly self-appointed fiancé, Leslie. Of course, that was with my ‘I do’ that gave him the approval. It was my pleasure… ;)

It was yet another mundane Monday. I woke up… had breakfast…bathed…lunched. Both of us were suppose to go out and run some errands at 2pm but thanks to my lovely bro, whose body has been systematically tuned to wake up not earlier than 2pm, we had to postpone all our plans to the next day. BUT, one thing was out of the norm, a family dinner at Sunset Bay Bistro.

Well, that didn’t raise any curiosity because bro is back from the States, I’m about to leave for a government camp in Melaka and later posted to somewhere else plus bro has gone there few days ago and highly recommended that bistro.

(Note: I’m as blur as a sotong. Nothing less than obvious can ever trigger my suspicion. )

Leslie suggested that both of us go ‘pakthor’ in Gurney Plaza first than take a short stroll on the beach before meeting my family for dinner. I agreed to it because we always failed to carry out our plans of spending time together on the beach.

There were tons of people calling him while we were enjoying ourselves. His conversation was rather weird and most of the time he’d turned away while talking to them. Instead of getting curious, I got rather irritated that our time was interrupted.

(Note: I’m as blur as a sotong. Nothing less than obvious can ever trigger my suspicion. )

On the beach…

He came up with the weirdest idea ever! ‘Para-sailing’! I don’t even know what it was, let alone how to spell it! We were so unprepared. We were in semi-casual wear meant for dinner, we didn’t bring any extra clothes, and dinner is just 45 minutes away!

As reluctant as I was, the adventurous side of me agreed. Leslie bargained a little with the guy as I sat on the rocks observing how the others para-sailed. One after another, I got very scared. One almost fell, one missed the shore and landed in the water, one shouted his lungs out… By now, mom and bro have arrived.

It was our turn! *scary….*

We were taught how to run before taking off, how to maneuver the parachute, how to land etc. I kept stressing the point that we didn’t bring any clothes to the man and told him to make sure we land on the shore dry. He assured me with this sentence “Don’t worry, all will be fine. You just need to enjoy and say ‘I do’.”

???

(Note again: I’m as blur as a sotong. Nothing less than obvious can ever trigger my suspicion. )

For those who know me. I am clumpsy. I didn’t run fast enough before taking off, as a result, I fell and caused Leslie to fall behind me. Good thing, it was almost time for us to take off and there were slight abrasions on my knees but it HURTS!!!

Ahh… both of us were soaring high up in the sky. Nice… Suddenly…

The boat became slower and both of us were slowly lowered towards to sea. I thought it was a joke from the boatman because of my persistence in reminding him that we need to be dry. When we realized something was wrong, it was just in time for us to shout a loud ‘JANGAN!!!!’ and down we dipped into the great big ocean.

What went through my mind was “I must save my breath, I can’t let go too fast, how deep I am sinking?”, “How far are we from the surface?” “I don’t want to drown!”. As When I got up, I looked for Leslie and held his hands as we waved and beckoned the boatman to save us.

“Oh my goodness!! Oh my Goodness!!!” were the only words I could utter. Leslie remained calm and composed and sat down quietly. Apparently, he told me what went through his head was “All my plans are ruined!”

After that, I questioned the boatman what had happened as we tried to wave vigorously towards the shore to signal to mom and bro that we were safe. The boatman said something went wrong with the engine that it could not pick up with the speed it was supposed to. He told us we were lucky because we were not stinged by any jellyfish as this part of the ocean contains many jelly fish. Then, he pointed at one which is floating just right beside our boat!! Ridiculous!!!

I got so paranoid that I started questioning him about jelly fish and its sting. “Is its sting fatal?” “Will we know if we were stinged?” “Has he himself been stinged?” “What will happen after being stinged?”

As we were approaching the shore, Leslie said “Look!”. A long banner with these words “Xe Hui, WYMM (will you marry me)?” was displayed!

Ah… =D

To Be Continued…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home