New Beginning... New Roles... New Endeavors...

Life after a scroll...

Saturday, April 19, 2008

In Between...

I'm in between my previous role as a student and my future role as an employee. In other words, i'm in between 'not earning' and 'earning'. So, what happened in the 'in between'?

For the past few days, i've been running errands with my mom. We've had meals outside and we've spent quite a bit, not forgetting the digits that was shown on the petrol pumps where my car parked. I've been scrutinizing price tags more than i ever did. I was also approached by insurance salespersons and a bank advisor approached me with a credit card application form... All these just blew my mind!

Goodness... I'm a grown-up! I'm going to earn my own money and worse still, i'll be spending my own hard-earned cash. I'll have to handle my own finances. I'll have insurance to pay, loans to clear. I'll have to understand some of those alien terms like 'fixed deposit', 'mutual fund'... Ahhh...

It's certainly not pleasant to be caught in between...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi, buddy, juz know u got blog..when u start work? maybe this is the most lovely holiday for the five years' life as medical student, i think? wish you all the best in ur career...see you...

    kk

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Leslie Yim said…

    aiks! didn't know u got blog :) hhmm..welcome to the working world darling!! no worries la..it'll eventually seep into u n ur lifestyle..

    not to forgot..i'm there for u ma ;)

    (yok ma, right? but syok le :p)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home