New Beginning... New Roles... New Endeavors...

Life after a scroll...

Friday, October 21, 2005

Didn't Know

“We do not need the grace of God to stand crises, human nature and pride are sufficient, we can face the strain magnificently; but it does require the supernatural grace of God to live 24 hours in everyday as a saint, to go through drudgery as a disciple, to live an ordinary, unobserved, ignored existence as a disciple of Jesus.” ~ MUFHH Oct 21

This whole week, I had many trying situations to convince me that I have serious problem with my character that I have to deal with.

I was wrongly accused in 2 separate occasions, waited for some friends for about half an hour, had to change my plans which I worked on for the past 2 weeks, discriminated with a second class treatment because of who I am. In all these occasions, I complained a lot, was angry, frustrated, and even hated some of them who were involved.

I thought I was right to feel the way I felt, and I did not notice something was wrong until Leslie spoke. He said “I’m sure you know what the Bible says. Things are like that. Try to look from their end. Pray for them.” That struck me real hard and I realized I have changed a lot ever since I entered the ‘world’. I have grown to be impatient, less merciful, bad tempered, self centered…

I thank God that He puts this realization in me, hinting me through scriptures and friends. I read 1Cor 13 and found out that ‘LOVE’ is not that easy after all. I am still so far behind. And, I realized that it is His supernatural grace that I need to live everyday as a saint, and to go through drudgery as a disciple.

Hmm…

1 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Leslie Yim said…

    glad those words hit you :) it's tough...REAL tough..maybe this is 1 type of interpretation of carrying our cross daily for Him :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home