New Beginning... New Roles... New Endeavors...

Life after a scroll...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Whose life means more?

That night, the grand daughter of the ‘Mak Cik’ who invited me for ‘Tin Kai catch’ came along. They were so concerned about our safety that they gave us all the protective equipment, while the girl went without any.

After my encounter with the snake, I discussed some issues with my foster family. I asked them if anyone in the village was bitten before. They said one villager was bitten before and he died soon after that. The nearest hospital was too far away.

And, thoughts came to my mind, “Are lives here less valuable?”, “Was the grand daughter’s life less valuable compared to mine?”

This further leads me to… “In the future, will the life of an injured murderer mean the same to me as the life of an injured policeman? Will I put in the same effort in saving them as I ought to? Will I despise the murderer and thinks that he deserves it?”

Hmm…

5 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Weight Loss said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger shades said…

    When you finally become a doc you will have to uphold the medical practitioner's code- to save lives, not judge them.

    In the mean time, have fun with whatever u are doing- around Nov/Dec when you are free, let me know and I'll get you a pass to do the new programme BodyAttack:)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lee Xe Hui said…

    Shades, not again?!!? They called me for their Free Membership Day. I didn't go ler. Too lazy after too much rest at home.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Snowflake said…

    wah so many new experiences eh? Good la. Experiences like these makes us think and learn more. There more to life than what we see. For everything we see, is million things that we don't. And for the things we don't we can only leave them to the Creator...

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Danny Chen said…

    When the makcik gave the clothes to u, it did not mean that she did not care about the grand-daughter... more like she trusted the grand-daughter to know how to take care of herself because she was familiar with the surroundings and was probably trained to read the situations well...

    This process happens to all of us... or else we'd all be still wearing diapers and not make use of the toilets like we do now as adults...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home